Terms and conditions for Day Trips, Cooking Courses, Catering and Transfers
Green Italy Tours is a fully licensed Tour Operator registered in Ostuni (Brindisi) piazza Italia 35
Your booking is confirmed once the payment has been received and voucher will be issued.
Cancellation policy: Cancellation sent up to 14 days before the tour, cooking course or transfer: no charge
From 5 to 13 days: 50 % penalty will be applied
Less than 4 days and no show: 100% penalty
If you cancel a tour after the voucher and invoice has been issued, we will apply a 35,00 euro administrative fee that will be not refunded for each tour you have booked.
Upon confirmation of your service you will receive a voucher with pick up location and time. You will be asked to arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour unless we have agreed to pick you up from your hotel.
We cannot guarantee you will find our assistant or guide if you fail to arrive at the meeting point on time .On these occasions Green Italy Tours is not responsible for any claim of refund or even partial refund.
When booking a private transfer, quotations are given including: 1 large size luggage and 1 carry on per person. Should the number of luggage be exceeding the above number, client must inform at the time of the request.
Changes: Changes to your confirmed services must be requested in writing via e-mail at email@example.com.
Privacy: Green Italy Tours respects your privacy. Our company follows European and Italian privacy laws and standards outlined in INFORMATIVA SULLA TUTELA DELLA PRIVACY (D.L. 196/2003). When you provide information about yourself, you agree that we can use it for our company’s purposes only, however this information will not be shared with third parties in accordance with the above laws.
Booking Information for week tours
Deposits and Payments: A 20% deposit is required to confirm all services. Final payment is due 91 days prior to the tour start date. For reservations made within 91 days of departure, the entire tour cost must be paid at the time of booking.
We accept payment by bank transfer as well as on line payments by Visa or Master Card on www.greenitalytours.co.uk
All services and payments are non-transferrable. Additional deposits may be required for certain destinations or for travel during peak holiday dates.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing. Your cancellation date will be the date we receive your notice. No verbal refund requests will be honored. Deposits are non-refundable.
Refunds of final payment will be honored as follows:
Notice received before 91 days of scheduled tour departure: 100% refund.
Notice received between 61-90 days of scheduled tour departure: 75% refund.
Notice received between 31-60 days of scheduled tour departure: 50% refund.
Notice received 30 days or less prior to scheduled tour departure: No refund.
GREEN ITALY TOURS BOOKING CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These conditions, along with any other information given to you at the time of booking, set out the terms and conditions of the contract between you and Green Italy Tours.
Registered Address: Green Italy srl, piazza Italia 35, Ostuni (Br) Italy.
Once your holiday has been confirmed we will accept responsibility for it in accordance with these conditions as an "Organiser" under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992. Please note that for any bookings which fall outside of the scope of these regulations,we act as agent for the relevant service providers (for example boat or helicopter charters), and your contract for those services is directly with the supplier.
1. YOUR HOLIDAY CONTRACT: When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by Italian Law.
2. YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION: Book with Confidence. We provide full financial protection for your money (Allianz professional insurance n.198725). However we encourage our clients to buy the cancellation insurance we offer at a small price.
4. YOUR HOLIDAY PRICE a) We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays shown in our brochure or website. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed. (b) When you make your booking you must pay a deposit of 20% of the holiday cost per person. The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid 91 days before your departure date, unless otherwise advised. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit. All monies you pay to the travel agent are held by him on our behalf at all times. The price of your travel arrangements was calculated using exchange rates quoted in the Financial Times Guide to World Currencies in relation to the following currencies: Canadian Dollars, Euros, UK Pounds, Swiss Francs & US Dollars. (c) When the price of your chosen holiday has been confirmed, then, subject to the correction of errors, we will only increase or decrease the price in the following circumstances. Price increases or decreases after booking will be passed on by way of a surcharge or refund. A surcharge or refund (as applicable) will be payable, subject to the conditions set out in this clause, if our costs increase or decrease as a result of (as applicable) transportation costs, dues, taxes or fees payable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports or any changes in the exchange rates which have been used to calculate the cost of your holiday. Even in the above cases, only if the amount of the increase in our costs exceeds 2% of the total cost of your holiday (excluding insurance and any amendment charges) will we levy a surcharge. If any surcharge is greater than 10% of the cost of your trip (excluding insurance and any amendment charges), you will be entitled to cancel your booking and receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us (except for any amendment charges) or alternatively purchase another holiday from us as referred to in Clause 7. Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place. You have 14 days from the issue date printed on the surcharge invoice to tell us if you want to cancel your holiday or purchase another holiday. If you do not tell us that you wish to do so within this period of time, we are entitled to assume that you will pay the surcharge. Any surcharge must be paid with the balance of the cost of the holiday or within 14 days of the issue date printed on the surcharge invoice, whichever is the later. We promise not to levy a surcharge within 30 days of the start of your holiday. No refunds will be made within this period either. For any bookings made through us as agent, we reserve the right to pass on to you in full, after your booking has been confirmed, all costs and/or charges incurred or imposed by any Supplier connected with your arrangements, including any price increases due to currency fluctuations.
5. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING: If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking or your travel agent. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of 35 Euros per person per element, and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. A change of holiday dates will normally be treated as a cancellation of the original booking. We are not able to hold deposits and carry them on to a booking for the next year. Should a member of your party be prevented from travelling you may transfer the booking to another person(s), provided it is not less than 14 days prior to departure and you pay an amendment fee of 50 Euros, as well as any additional costs we may incur. Note: Certain travel arrangements (e.g. Hotel or Transportation Bookings) may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
6. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY: You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or your travel agent on your behalf must be received at our offices. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to the maximum shown in clause 7. Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
7. IF WE CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY: It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements, but we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you or your travel agent of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached, we may have to cancel it. However, we will not cancel your travel arrangements less than six weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements, you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). If it is necessary to cancel your travel arrangements, we will pay to you compensation as set out in this clause. In accordance with EU Regulation 2111/2005 we are required to advise you of the actual carrier operating your flight/connecting flight/transfer. We do this by listing carriers to be used or likely to be used in your pre-departure information pack. Any changes to the actual airline after you have received your tickets will be notified to you as soon as possible and in all cases at check-in or at the boarding gate. Such a change is deemed to be a minor change. Other examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same standard. If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling your booked holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In all cases, except where the major change arises due to reasons of force majeure, we will pay compensation as detailed below: If we make a major change to your holiday: If we cancel your holiday: If you cancel your holiday: amount you will receive from us amount you will receive from us amount of cancellation charge Period before departure within which notice of Cancellation or major change is received by us or notified to you More than 42 days 0 Euros Monies Paid Deposit only More than 28 days 0 Euros Monies Paid (+10 Euros) 30% of holiday cost More than 14 days 10 Euros Monies Paid (+20 Euros) 50% of holiday cost 14 Days or Less than 14 days 20 Euros Monies Paid (+40 Euros) 100% of holiday cost Force Majeure: We will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual circumstances.
Force Majeure: We will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport.
8. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT: If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier), our local representative immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department at Green Italy Tours, Piazza Italia 35, 72017 Ostuni (Br) Italy giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point.
9. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU: Subject to the other provisions of this clause 9, we accept responsibility for ensuring that your travel arrangements, which you book with us, are supplied as described by us. If, after departure, any part of your travel arrangements are not provided as promised, due to the fault of our employees, agents or suppliers, we will pay you appropriate compensation, if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements. The level of such compensation will take into account all relevant factors including the invoice price of the holiday, any steps it was reasonable for the client to take to minimize the inconvenience/damage suffered and the extent to which the deficiency or improper performance can have affected your enjoyment of the package. Please note that we will not be liable for any injury, illness, or death or consequent losses suffered by you or any member of your party, unless you are able to prove that such injury or illness was caused by lack of reasonable care and skill on the part of ourselves or our suppliers in the performance of our obligations under our contract with you. It is a condition of the payment of compensation that you notify us of any complaint or claim strictly in accordance with clause 10 and, further, assign to us any rights that you may have against any third party in connection with your claim. You must co-operate with us and our insurers in this regard. If you suffer a personal injury, death or serious difficulties as the result of an activity which does not form part of the package you booked with us - including for example any additional services or facilities provided to you by a hotel or any other supplier which was not included as part of the original contract between us – we will not be liable to pay you any compensation but will offer you such advice and guidance as is reasonable in all the circumstances provided we are advised of the incident promptly. We will not be responsible where you do not enjoy the holiday or suffer any other problems because of a reason which you did not make us aware of when the holiday was booked. Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of twice the cost of your travel arrangements. In all claims of whatever nature we will not be liable where the alleged loss or damage results from any of the following: i. the fault of the person affected or any members of their party or ii. the fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday which we could not have predicted or avoided or iii. an event or circumstances which we or the supplier of the service in question could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to (a) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and b) Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions.
10. PROMPT ASSISTANCE DURING YOUR HOLIDAY: if the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
11. PASSPORT, VISA AND IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS: Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
12. INSURANCE: It is a condition of your contract with us that you must take out adequate travel insurance suitable before you travel to cover yourself for cancellation, curtailment, injury or illness during your holiday with Green Italy Tours. We do not check insurance policies for suitability, but reserve the right to request a copy. You are responsible for indemnifying us in full in the event that we incur any losses or expenses arising out of your failure to take out adequate insurance cover.
13. SUITABILITY & BEHAVIOUR: All our holidays, tours and courses are graded and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are physically fit, adequately experienced and suitably equipped to compete the holiday. If you have and medical conditions, allergies or special dietary requirements you must inform us and your leader (where appropriate). We will endeavor to pass on any dietary or special requests to our suppliers but cannot guarantee that they will be able to meet your request. Your booking is accepted on the basis that you understand and accept the inherent risks involved in adventure or activity travel and that you undertake the treks, tours and activities of your own free will. If you decide that you are unable to continue the holiday you will be responsible for making your own alternative arrangements at your own expense. If in our reasonable opinion your behavior is likely to cause injury, upset or distress to third party or damage to property we are entitled to terminate the holiday of the person(s) concerned, without prior notice and they will be responsible for making alternative arrangements and no refunds will be given.
14. EXCURSIONS: Some excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday may not be part of your package holiday provided by us. Some excursions are supplied by third party suppliers and are subject to their own terms and conditions. They do not form part of your holiday and are not governed by the Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tours Regulations 1992. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
15. WEBSITE, BROCHURE & ADVERTISING ACCURACY: We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the advertising, brochure and website information and prices at the time of printing, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check the price and all other details of your chosen arrangements with us at the time of booking. The information and prices shown on our website and in our brochures may have changed by the time you come to book your Arrangements.
16. DISABILITIES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: If you have any disability or special requirements, it is essential that you inform us at the time of booking so that we can make the appropriate enquiries about the suitability of your chosen holiday for you. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned we reserve the right to decline or cancel the booking.
Tour prices are in Euros and/or US dollars and are based on double occupancy.
Published tours and tour prices are subject to change at any time.
Single occupancy prices are available, upon request.
Costs generally include the following services and amenities:
Personalized itinerary planning, handling and operational charges.
The full services of Green Italy Tours and our overseas associate offices before, during and after your trip.
Private sightseeing with local, English-speaking guides.
Best value for money accomodations including city taxes, VAT and service charges.
Regional surface transportation, including airport transfers.
Meals as indicated in detailed itinerary.
Most admission fees during touring.
Reservations at spas, cultural events, cooking courses, special activities and performances.
Access to private gardens, artists and art collections.
Comprehensive Trip Confirmation and Travel Documents packages.
Note: Minimum stay requirements and rate surcharges may apply at certain hotels during peak holidays and travel dates coinciding with major events.
Items excluded: Trans-Pacific and/or trans-Atlantic airfare, internal flights if necessary, Travel insurance, Airport departure taxes, Excess baggage charges, Gratuities, Personal expenses, Other services specified as optional or not included.
Booking Information: To book one of our published tours, or to customize a tour, call your preferred travel agent or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deposits and Payments: A 20% deposit is required to confirm all services. Final payment is due 91 days prior to the tour start date. For reservations made within 91 days of departure, the entire tour cost must be paid at the time of booking. We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, bank transfer as well as personal or travel agency check. All services and payments are non-transferrable. Additional deposits may be required for certain destinations or for travel during peak holiday dates. Cancellation Policy: All cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing. Your cancellation date will be the date we receive your notice. No verbal refund requests will be honoured. Deposits are non-refundable. Refunds of final payment will be honoured as follows: Notice received before 91 days of scheduled tour departure: 100% refund Notice received between 61-90 days of scheduled tour departure: 75% refund Notice received between 31-60 days of scheduled tour departure: 50% refund Notice received 30 days or less prior to scheduled tour departure: No refund Cancellation penalties and fees imposed by our suppliers may be additional and, if imposed, will be deducted from the above refunds, if any. A change of trip date or change of travel destination(s) will be treated as a cancellation and cancellation fees may apply. Visas and Passports: Visa requirements and application forms, if applicable, will be sent upon receipt of a deposit. All tour participants must be in possession of a passport valid for six months from their date of arrival.
Travel Insurance: It is a condition of your contract with us that you take out adequate travel insurance before you travel to cover yourself for cancellation, curtailment, injury or illness during your holiday with Green Italy Tours (including trip delay, trip cancellation, trip interruption, and baggage insurance) once a trip has been booked. Health, accident, and emergency evacuation insurance are also strongly recommended.